Editor’s note: While we are still figuring out the logistical nature of netcasting, you can subscribe to the netcast by saving/dragging this link into your podcast/netcast program, including iTunes.
We’re happy to introduce the first in what will be a continuing series of netcasts featuring ARGNet staff and special guests. The ARG Netcast will be a weekly (we hope) look into the world of alternate reality gaming, in audio format. Episode 1 is up and features Brooke Thompson, Sean C. Stacey and myself talking about a number of different topics:
We dish on the games in our What’s Hot List!
- EDOC featured on CSI:NY
- Cathy’s Book gets a brief look — will it stand up test of time?
- Cassie is Watching, dead trail or official tie-in with Lonelygirl15?
- The End: we argue about the name but like the original language used in the game
- Sammeeees launches creatively, uses free resources well
- AV brings the gore, but is there more?
- Perplex City keeps on going and going and going… where’s it leading? And where’s the cube?
We talk about other stuff!
- Sean wants you to solve a puzzle in the tCotSA thread at unforums.
- We want puppetmaster shills to be more creative.
Sean and Brooke talk about PICNIC ’06!
- Sean was impressed at how Web 2.0 finds ways to make different connections between content and users.
- Brooke liked the mood, food and environment of the festival.
- Sean and Brooke note that industry leaders were discussing how their industries could collaborate for future endeavors people would never expect.
- Sean talks about Google and their focus. How will this impact on ARGs?
Episode two will be available within the next two weeks, with special panel guests. In the meantime, enjoy the netcast, and feel free to let us know what you thought (our special netcast email address is [email protected]).