In the past few days, there have been many signs pointing towards Dark Days Are Coming, a mysterious web site that features some haunting music and puzzle, of sorts. While we’re still trying to sort out the mystery for ourselves, here’s what we’ve found out:
- the site was discovered after a poem was sent to Rob Purchese, a writer for Eurogamer
- each line of the poem, it was found, is an anagram for dark days are coming, which led to the discovery of the web site
- WHOIS information reveals a related web forum, The Secret World
- the Voodoo Extreme reports that the site is hosted on servers owned by Funcom, a developer and publisher of PC and console games. Funcom’s next release? The Secret World.
- A post on the Warcry Network details how each line of the trailhead-leading poem is its own web site URL. Strange images can be found at each location, which help in solving the Flash puzzle at the trailhead site.
- Solving the puzzle leads to confirmation of the tie-in with The Secret World, and a link to the aforementioned forum.
It’s too soon to tell where this will go next, if anywhere. That being said, it would be a shame to waste the wonderful art direction outlined at the DDAC web site if this doesn’t end up moving forward into a more interactive experience, such as an ARG. As soon as we know more, we’ll update this story. For up to the minute information, try the Unfiction forums thread.