Caution: possible spoilers about Perplex City are revealed in this netcast.
It’s our first netcast of 2007, and I’m happy to be joined by regular panel guests Brooke Thompson, Jackie Kerr and Marie Lamb, with special panel guest rose. In our ninth netcast, we talk about games, games and more games. Subscribe to the ARG Netcast feed through FeedBurner or via iTunes.
- Vanishing Point is live and full of wonderful prizes and challenging puzzles. And, no, we don’t all think it’s an ARG… even if 42 Entertainment is behind it.
- Puzzle of the week: The META puzzle from Vanishing Point. Read more about it at the Unforums.
- Township Heights, the new VirtuQuest alternate reality game, launches with a pay-to-play model and a few T-shirts.
- Meigeist (the ARG formerly known as Geist) goes live and people are already buzzing about the quality of the game this far. Oh, and there are cute, cuddly cats involved. You can get behind-the-scenes information here if you can’t wait for us to publish an ARGNet article about the game.
- NeoVenus Construction (AKA Nevec) looked to be stalled before candy bars and a new blog opened the game back up with a resurgence. See Krystyn Wells’ ARGNet article for more information.
- The Sector Seven/Transformers ARG viral campaign stalls. Fanboys and fangirls around the world really want this to be more than what it currently is.
- Perplex City has life, as the players feel that they are close to finding that darn cube. It’s not an easy path, however.
- Second Life Future Salon panel discussion on ARGs took place on the 27th of November, we hope to have access to the audio from that discussion soon.
- The Human Pet reinvents itself with more videos and a shiny new website, complete with community-forming forums.
- Deus City is on a bit of a hiatus, claiming that the recent storms in the U.S. have thrown an icy wrench into their plans. Yeah, sure — nice excuse. No, really, we like it.
- Marie talks about Doom Skull, which we were ready to pass off as just another game… until she really sold us on it.
- Preview for next week — Bristelgoodman.. On first glance, it looks rather creepy. We’ll know more by next week.