On the fifth ARG Netcast your panel gave to you… Sean C. Stacey, Brooke Thompson, Jackie Kerr and Jonathan Waite. Subscribe to the ARG Netcast feed through FeedBurner or via iTunes.
- VirtuQuest OpenARG 6.5 set to launch soon, available for the public.
- Free! Psychic Readings ended yesterday.
- EVA launches with allusions to the End of the World. A summary thread can be found here at the Unfiction forums.
- Avelon 2 is up and running — a sequel to Avelon from 2005.
- Correction from last week: Deus City ARG is not done by the Ares Station group. Ares Station group went on to create Studio Cyphers.
- Deus City is one week old, and already there is game play controversy involving factions and separate password-protected forums.
- The Human Pet is back under a new YouTube identity.
Episode 4 of the ARG Netcast contains more of the same tantalizing discussion that you’ve grown accustomed to over the past few weeks. Regular panel members Sean C. Stacey of unfiction, Brooke Thompson of Giant Mice and ARGNet’s Jonathan Waite are joined by special guest Steve Peters of 42 Entertainment. Subscribe to the ARG Netcast feed through FeedBurner or via iTunes.
Topics of Discussion
- With our special guest joining us, we grill Steve Peters about his move to professional puppetmastery, and get his thoughts on the directions that we might see ARG move towards in the near future.
- Elan Lee, another 42 Entertainment alum, gave a speech at the Montreal International Gaming Summit this past week (our own Carie Ward broke the story here), and our panel looks at some of the things he said.
It’s already Episode 3 of the ARG Netcast series. Once again, this week offers the comedy stylings of unfiction’s Sean C. Stacey, the politically-charged folk songs of Giant Mice’s Brooke Thompson, and the gospel hip hop of M.C. Jonathan Waite of ARGNet. Subscribe to the ARGNet feed through FeedBurner or via iTunes.
Game News and Topics of Discussion
- No response from Mind Candy regarding Perplex City yet, but the Sentinel is back up and us Earthlings are being looked down upon. Oh, those Perplexians.
- AV wraps up, and the Puppetmaster comes out of hiding.
- konamouse of the unfiction forums helps out the Three Blind Mice as they try to make sense of the Puzzle of the Week, Sammeeeees’s “Free the Five”.
- Ny Takma introduces a new character. Trust him at your own risk.
- Ocular Effect — is it rising from a Near Death Experience?
- Cassie is Watching, Cathy’s Book, and Edoc Laundry chug-chug-chug along.
- Hallow’s End launches just in time for Halloween, but we need more information, and you need to send it to us. Yes, you.
- Studio Cypher will release another ARG soon, see descry.us for more details.
Episode 2 of the ARG Netcast features Sean C. Stacey of unfiction, Brooke Thompson of Giant Mice and Jonathan Waite of ARGNet. You can now find the netcast on iTunes, by the way — search for ARGNet and subscribe!
Game News and Topics of Discussion
Editor’s note: While we are still figuring out the logistical nature of netcasting, you can subscribe to the netcast by saving/dragging this link into your podcast/netcast program, including iTunes.
We’re happy to introduce the first in what will be a continuing series of netcasts featuring ARGNet staff and special guests. The ARG Netcast will be a weekly (we hope) look into the world of alternate reality gaming, in audio format. Episode 1 is up and features Brooke Thompson, Sean C. Stacey and myself talking about a number of different topics:
We dish on the games in our What’s Hot List!